How it works
Use your imagination to create a Google Doodle based on what inspires you.
How to enter
We're excited to see some amazing doodles this year. Students can work with any materials they want, but all doodles must be entered using the entry form. Parents and teachers can mail us the completed entry form or submit it online as a .png, or .jpg. The contest is open for entries until Oct 6, 2018 10:00pm Indian Standard Time (IST), so here's some information to help you get started:
- Download or print the entry form.
- Doodle: Artists create their doodles using any materials they want.
- Doodle description - Write an artist statement to tell us a bit more about what you have drawn and how it represents something that inspires you.
- Fill out the rest of the required information and sign the entry form.
- Enter the contest.
- Entry form doodles: If the doodle is created directly on our entry form, you can either upload them to our site as a .jpg or .png (visit the enter tab) or mail them in (address listed on the enter tab).
- Detached doodles: If the doodle wasn't created directly on our entry form, take a high res digital photo or scan of the doodle in good lighting and combine it with the entry form.
Doodles will be judged on the following parameters:
- Based on artistic skill
- Representation of the contest theme, use of the letters in the Google logo, and the unique approach to the doodle
- How well the contest theme is expressed in both the artwork and the written statement
Doodles will be grouped and judged by the following 5 class groups:
- Class 1-2
- Class 3-4
- Class 5-6
- Class 7-8
- Class 9-10
The Guest Judges and Google Doodlers will select the 4 best doodles from each of the groups as the national finalists. These 20 finalists will be displayed in an online gallery on the Doodle 4 Google website.
Five Group Winners
For a period of 14 days prior from 23rd October 2018 to 5th November 2018, the Indian public will vote for their favorite doodle from these 20 national finalists. These votes will help determine the Group Winners.
One National Winner
A cumulative score based on public voting, scores by guest judges and panel of Google executives will choose one of the five group winners and announce the National Winner on 14th November 2018.
Learn more about what the 2018 winners and finalists will receive on the prizes page.
- Doodles that are not original works and doodles that contain copyrighted or trademarked images and logos will be disqualified. Examples of this would be the Nike “swoosh” or popular characters from shows, movies and books.
- Only one application per student. Only the first doodle entered for each student will be considered, and any additional doodles will be disqualified.
- Please read through contest rules for more information.