How it works
Use your imagination to create a Google Doodle based on what you want India to become in the next 25 years…
How to enter
We're excited to see some great Doodles this year! Students can work with any materials they want, but all Doodles must be entered using the entry form. Parents and teachers can mail us the completed entry form or submit it online as a png or jpg. The contest is open for entries until Sep 30, 2022 9:00 p.m. IST, so here's some information to help you get started:
- Download or print the entry form.
- Doodle: Artists create their Doodles using any materials they want. From crayons to clay to found objects.
- Artist’s statement - Tell us about what you have drawn and how it represents your vision for India in the next 25 years.
- Fill out the rest of the required information and have a parent or guardian sign the entry form.
- Enter the contest online (recommended) or by mail (see step 3 on the entry form for details).
- Entry form Doodles: If the Doodle is created directly on our entry form, you can either upload them to our site as a jpg or png (visit the enter tab) or mail them in (address listed on the enter tab).
- Other Doodles: If the Doodle wasn't created directly on our entry form, take a high-res digital photo or scan of the Doodle in good lighting and combine it with the entry form.
Doodles will be judged on the following parameters:
- Artistic merit: Based on artistic skill
- Creativity: Representation of the contest theme, use of the letters in the Google logo, and the unique approach to the Doodle.
- Theme communication: How well the contest theme is expressed in both the artwork and the written statement
Doodles will be grouped and judged by the following 5 grade groups:
- Grades 1-2
- Grades 3-4
- Grades 5-6
- Grades 7-8
- Grades 9-10
Finalists will be judged as described below:
- National Finalists 4 winners for each grade group, 20 in total
- Group Winners 1 finalist for each grade group, 5 in total
- National Winner 1 winner to be featured on Google.co.in
Twenty National Finalists The Guest Judges and Google Doodlers will select the 4 best doodles from each of the groups as the national finalists. These 20 finalists will be displayed in an online gallery on the Doodle 4 Google website.
Five Group Winners For a period of 10 days from 31st October 2022 to 10th November 2022, the Indian public will vote for their favorite doodle from these 20 national finalists. These votes will help determine the Group Winners.
One National Winner A cumulative score based on public voting, scores by guest judges and panel of Google executives will choose one of the five group winners and announce the National Winner on 14th November 2022.
Learn more about what the 2022 winners and finalists will receive on the prizes page.
- Doodles that are not original works, contain logos, or copyrighted imagery will be disqualified.
- Only one application per student. Only the first Doodle entered for each student will be considered, and any additional Doodles will be disqualified.
- Please read through contest rules for more information.