NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN INDIA ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Doodle 4 Google Competition (the "Contest") is designed to encourage eligible Indian school students and their parents/guardians on their behalf ("Entrant(s)" or "You") to use their creativity to create their own interpretation of the Google logo. Judges will choose the winning entries, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (these "Rules").
BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Google with respect to the Contest.
ELIGIBILITY: The Doodle 4 Google Contest ("Contest") is open to Indian resident students in Class 1 to 10 of any school in India, who have obtained their parents' and/or legal guardians' and/or school teachers permission to enter and whose parents and/or legal guardians and/or school teachers consent to be bound by these Official Rules ("Rules") in their own right and on behalf of the entrant. The Rules consist of the terms and conditions on this page and the Entry Form. The opening date for receipt of entries by Google from participants is 13th August 2018 and the closing date for receipt of entries by Google is extended to 6th October 2018, midnight (IST). Only one doodle per Entrant is allowed. In the case of duplicate or multiple entries from the same Entrant, then the first entry to arrive at the designated submission address (as determined by the "received by" date) will be accepted as the entry into the Contest. At the time of submission of a Doodle, each Entrant must: (i) be an Indian citizen (e.g., must be able to show proof of legal permanent residence, if asked for); (ii) be enrolled in an Indian School; (iii) have obtained his or her parents’ or legal guardians’ or school teachers prior permission and have agreed to be bound by these Rules. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders, as well as their immediate families, of Google, its affiliates, and any representatives or agencies of Google or other persons professionally connected with the Contest are not eligible to participate. The National Winner and the Group Winners from previous years’ contests are eligible to enter but are not eligible to receive the National Winner’s prizes in this year’s Contest.
SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Google India Private Limited ("Google" or "Sponsor"), a with principal place of business at Unitech Signature Tower 2, Tower B, Sector 15B, Silokhera Village, NH8, Gurgaon
CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on August 13th, 2018 09:00am Indian Standard Time (IST) Zone in the India and ends on October 6th, 2018, 10:00pm Indian Standard Time (IST) Zone ("Contest Period"). All dates are subject to change. Doodles that are being sent through mail/courier should reach the mailing address within the deadline in order to have been submitted within the Contest Period.
HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, visit the Contest website located at https://doodles.google.co.in/d4g/ ("Contest Site") during the Contest Period and follow the instructions that appear on the "How it Works" tab. You will be requested to download and complete a one-page official entry form ("Entry Form") with: (a) a doodle that reflects Entrant's creative interpretation of the Contest theme "What inspires me?" incorporating the letters from the Google logo ("Doodle"); (b) all information at the bottom of the Entry Form including parents consent; and (c) a descriptive artist statement of fifty (50) words or less. Entry Forms can only be submitted by parents, guardians or teachers on behalf of Entrants. The doodle and supporting statements must meet the "Doodle Requirements," described below.
- Once the Entry Form is fully completed, it should be printed on a light colored 8.5"X11" sheet of paper and signed by a parent/legal guardian. The completed Entry Form can be submitted virtually via a digital upload tool on the https://doodles.google.co.in/d4g/ site, or as a hard copy by mail.
- To submit an entry via the digital upload tool on the Contest Site, please follow the instructions on the Contest Site under "Enter" tab. Google is not responsible for illegible or incorrectly submitted entries made via the digital upload tool.
- To submit an entry in hard-copy form, the entry form must be mailed in an envelope (packaged carefully so it won't be damaged) with proper postage affixed, to one of the following mailing addresses: Doodle for Google 2018, Google India Private Limited, Signature Tower 2, Tower B, Delhi - Jaipur Expressway, Sector 15 - Part 2, Gurugram, Haryana 122001.
- Entries received without a completed Entry Form or without a parent's or legal guardian's signature will be disqualified.
- LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. To be considered for the Contest, entries must be: (i) complete (as determined by Google); (ii) received by Oct 6, 2018 10:00pm Indian Standard Time (IST); and (iii) in English (unless otherwise specified). Machine or computer-generated mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. Google accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of entry. All entries will be deemed made by the Entrant submitted at the time of entry.
DOODLE REQUIREMENTS: The doodle and supporting statements must meet the following criteria ("Doodle Requirements"):
- They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the doodle and supporting statement are created.
- They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark, representation of characters indicating a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- They must be original, unpublished works that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
- They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party's publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- The doodle is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
- The submitted doodle is two-dimensional and scannable (e.g., no videos or GIFs)
- During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the Doodles and supporting statements to ensure that they meet the Doodle Requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits a Doodle and supporting statement that does not meet the Doodle Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
JUDGING AND SELECTION OF WINNERS: Each Doodle will be evaluated and scored based on the following "Criteria":
- Artistic merit - drawing skills and use of color;
- Creativity and originality - considering the representation of the Contest theme "What Inspires Me?" and use of the Google logo, as well as the unique and novel approach to the Doodle;
- Communication of the Contest theme in both the drawing and supporting statement - how well the Entrant explains what "What Inspires Me?" represents in the supporting statement and drawing;
- Adherence to the Doodle Requirements and these Rules.
Google will hire third-party administrator/agency to help manage submissions. This would be an independent, third-party marketing services organization retained by Google to assist with the administration of this Contest. At times during the Contest, agency representative may contact an Entrant for customer service purposes. By entering, all participants agree to receive phone calls and emails from Agency. Submissions will be divided into five (5) groups in Class 1 to 10 divided in the following groups (i) Class 1-2 (ii) Class 3-4 (iii) Class 5-6 (iv) Class 7-8 and (v) Class 9-10, each a "Group"). A group of 20 Finalists (4 from each Group) will be announced based on a selection by a panel consisting of independent judges, based on which Google Doodles they think are the best representations of the theme "What Inspires Me?" The 20 Finalists will be notified directly on or after 23rd October 2018.
Online public voting opens from 23rd October 2018 to 5th November 2018 upto 12 noon IST to determine 5 Winners (one from each Group). The final overall National Winner will be chosen from among the 5 Group Winners and will be announced on or before 14th November 2018.
TIE-BREAKER: In the event of a tie at any level of judging, the judges will reevaluate the tied Doodles according to the Criteria until the tie is broken. The tied Doodles will be put up for a re-vote amongst the judges at the respective level until the tie is broken. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. In the event there are not enough eligible entries, not all prizes will be awarded. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept his or her prize, then Google reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS: Becoming a finalist is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential finalist or winner is disqualified for any reason, the doodle that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential finalist or winner. The potential finalist(s) and winner(s) will be selected and notified by telephone and/or email, at Sponsor's discretion. If a potential finalist/winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such potential finalist/winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential finalist/winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria described herein. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential finalist/winner or potential finalist/winner's parent or guardian engages in a live conversation with Sponsor or when a message is left on the potential finalist/winner's voicemail service or answering machine by the Sponsor, whichever occurs first. Except where prohibited by law, each potential state finalist/winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Sponsor. If required, potential finalists/winners must return all such required documents via fax (or as otherwise instructed) within forty-eight (48) hours and via Postal Service within three (3) days following attempted notification or such potential finalist/winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential finalist/winner may be selected based on the judging Criteria described herein. In the event that the potential finalists/winner submitted their entry online they should keep a hard copy of their final artwork. The winner may be required to mail in the original artwork for high resolution scanning. If the potential finalists/winner is unable to provide the original artwork within three (3) days, the potential finalist/winners will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and another potential finalist/winner may be selected. In the event the potential finalist/winner is a minor, their parent or legal guardian must sign the documents and return them as described herein. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding. All potential finalists and the eventual winner, including their parent representatives, agree to keep the doodle strictly confidential between submission and the doodle's final launch on the www.google.co.in page.
PRIZES: Acceptance of prizes is subject to permission from a parent or legal guardian. The National Winner will receive INR 500,000 college scholarship, INR 200,000 Technology package for their school, Certificate/Trophy of Achievement, A trip to Google India Office, Googley Swag. In addition, the National Winner's Google Doodle will be displayed on the www.google.co.in page for one day on 14th November, 2018.
All 20 Finalists will each receive Certificate/Trophy of Achievement, A trip to Google India Office, Googley Swag. In addition, the entries submitted by all the 20 Finalists will be publicly displayed in a gallery on the website https://doodles.google.co.in/d4g/ from 23rd October 2018 onwards, to enable members of the public to cast an online vote for their favorite entry in each Group.
In order to attend the Award Ceremony all finalists must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. For finalists traveling from interstate in India, Google will provide return economy class air travel/ first class rail transport and car/ bus transfer from airport to hotel for the finalist, one parent or guardian plus 1 night hotel accommodation. For finalists traveling from within the state or territory in which the Awards Ceremony is held, Google will provide the most efficient mode of transport for the finalist, one parent or guardian plus 1 night hotel accommodation. Google will arrange and pay for dinner, breakfast and lunch for each finalist and his or her parent or guardian.
There is no cash alternative and the prizes must be taken as offered. Google reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the Contest prizes become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept their prize then Google reserves the right to award the prize to the next best entry, as judged by the panel consisting of independent judges and Google employees. Any prize(s) that remain unclaimed at the end of 30 days from the announcement of the final results will be awarded to the next best entry(ies), as judged by the panel consisting of independent judges and Google employees.
Google does not assume any responsibility for any products and services offered under the Contest. The products and services are provided solely by the relevant vendors, under such Rules as determined by such vendors, and Google accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with such products and services. The products and services have not been certified by Google and under no circumstances shall the inclusion of any product or service in the Contest be construed as an endorsement or recommendation of such product or service by Google.
Except for warranties and conditions implied by law which cannot be excluded, Google makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality or suitability of any prizes awarded under these Rules. Certain legislation may imply conditions or warranties which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. In this event, to the extent permitted by law, Google's liability is limited to, at its option: (i) the replacement of the prize or the supply of an equivalent prize; or (ii) the payment, if it does not contravene any law, of the cost of the replacement or supply.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: All state and local laws and regulations apply. Google reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in Google's sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, Google, or the Judges.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between Google and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the doodle (excluding Google's rights in the Google logo/trademark). As a condition of entry, Entrant grants Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the doodle for any purpose, including display on the Google website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. Entries will not be returned. Google retains all rights in the Google products and services and entry into this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any Google intellectual property rights to the Entrant.
MEDIA ACTIVITY: Google reserves the right to use the Google doodles in any manner it sees fit (including with or without attribution) within future internal or external Google communications. The doodles may also be used for press and media purposes and you agree to waive any moral rights and to not assert any other intellectual property rights that you have or may have in the doodle. Google reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of winners and their school information on its website https://doodles.google.co.in/d4g/ or through other media for publicity purposes. On entering into the Competition, you agree to be involved in media activity or other promotional activity regarding the Competition. Google will contact you in advance to seek your permission if any media request interviews with the winning doodler/class. When you enter participant's doodle you will be asked to tick a box informing us you have received consent from the parents/guardian of each participant (and in the case of participant’s 12 years of age and above, also from the participant him/herself) to the use and disclosure of personal data as outlined in these terms and conditions.
Intellectual Property: In submitting a Google doodle each entering participant (and their parent/guardian, if necessary) and teacher warrants that he/she is the owner of the Google doodle and the intellectual property in it and that all components of your artwork and supporting statement are indeed original creations. Any intellectual property infringement, misuse or plagiarism of another person’s work in any form or state in Google’s opinion will result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of eligibility to receive all awards, recognition and prizes. Each participant (and their parent/guardian, if necessary) and teacher also consents to his/her Google doodle being used in the manner set out in these terms, or (where the entrant is not the owner) that he/she has obtained the consent of the owner(s) to use it in the manner set out in these terms without any further compensation.
WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their doodles are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted doodle and that they have the right to submit the doodle in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any doodle that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any doodle or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant's involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest; (vi) any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; (vii) any error in the collection, processing, or retention of entry or voting information in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant and in the voting process by consumers; or (viii) any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize or winners in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
ELIMINATION: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
INTERNET AND DISCLAIMER: Google is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed doodles or votes due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant's/consumer's ability to participate/vote respectively. Google is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Contest. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant's eligibility to participate in the Contest.
RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Google reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Google further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Google reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of a doodle into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Google, or the Contest Entities. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their doodle voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and Google or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant's submission of a doodle under these Rules.
FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of India, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
- Google is not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing of the offer, administration of the Competition, or in the announcement of the prizes.
- Google accepts no responsibility for entries lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused.
- Google is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, including your School that might prevent you from entering, participating, and/or claiming a prize in this Competition.
- Entries will not be returned. Only one entry per person.
- Google's and/or any judge’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to such decision.
- Google reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant that violates the Competition rules or that adversely affects the fairness or the legitimate operation of the Competition.
- There is no cash alternative and the prizes must be taken as offered. Google reserves the right to substitute prize(s) of an equivalent value should the prizes become unavailable for any reason. If any winner is not able for whatever reason to accept their prize then Google reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
- Potential prize winners may be required to sign, notarise, and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by Google. Failure to comply within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- The Competition is governed by the laws of India and Bengaluru courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute arising in relation thereto.
- In the event of an inconsistency in interpretation between the English language and Hindi language versions of the Terms and Conditions, the English language version shall prevail.
PROMOTER AND DATA CONTROLLER: Google India Pvt Ltd, 4th and 5th Floor, RMZ infinity, Tower E, No.3, Bennigana Halli, Bengaluru, India-560016